Dienstag, 7. April 2015

Howto build a DIY FPV-Race Gate

Because of the fact that i mostly fly alone and that I don´t have always the time to drive to a suitable  area for Training, i searched for an cheap alternativ to build a Racetrack wherever i want.
My first suggestion with bali flags was to expensive (2 flags where needed for 1 gate…) and Pool noodles are not so easy to transport on my bike or motorcycle.
So i decided to build something out of some old Glas fibre rods from an old Iglutent and some fabric.
At first i fixed the rods with a piece of rope to that arch style i want.



 




After that it´s Tetris time :-D I puzzled the pieces together to save space on the fabric to get out as much Gates as possible.






My girlfriend cut out the parts and sewed them together (i was so glad that she did that part ^^ fabric is not my favourite crafting material ^^)





The finished product should look like this (it´s not completly round, because the rod was broken and i fixed it only with shrink tube) :


For windy Days we just added a tube in the inner circle for a strut rope







Sorry for the bad picture quality but i only had my Smartphone while we build the gate.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen